Using this website
This website is managed by Always Possible on behalf of Essex Partners, which includes:
- senior leaders from public sector bodies
- the voluntary and community sector
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability:
- make your mouse easier to use
- use your keyboard instead of a mouse
- talk to your device
- make your device talk to you
- make text larger
- change your colours
- magnify the screen
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- Some pages are not clearly written
- Some images contain text
- When navigating the site using a keyboard, the tabbing sequence isn’t as logical as it could be
- The site contains links to some pdfs which are not tagged, are missing alternate text or do not contain headings
- Some links with the same name direct the
user to a different destination
We are working to resolve these issues and will have released them to the website by 10 February 2020.
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, email us at Essex2020@alwayspossible.co.uk
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 20 working days.
How we tested this website
We have tested this website using automated test tools including Siteimprove and PowerMapper.
Essex County Council is working with an accessibility partner to build our capability so that we can run assessments with users.
We aim to test this website shortly.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Always Possible, on behalf of Essex Partners is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website ispartially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Issues with interactive tools and transactions
Essex 2020 uses Eventbrite, a third-party event management and ticket booking website for all events which may cause issues for users with assistive technology.
The events calendar on the website uses a third-party plugin which doesn’t read event categories correctly when using a screen reader.
The cookie banner at the bottom of the page uses a third-party plugin which may cause issues with assistive technology.
We are working with suppliers to resolve any identified accessibility issues where we do not have direct control over their product.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
This statement was prepared on 7 January 2020.
We are working to resolve all identified accessibility issues which are within our control and will release them to the website by 10 February 2020.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, email Essex2020@alwayspossible.co.uk
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Telephone: 0208 242 1630