Coronavirus / Covid-19
We are continuing to celebrate science and creativity in every corner of Essex but to keep everyone safe only events held online can be booked until further notice.
Keep checking back as more digital events and activities are being added all the time.
Best wishes and keep safe.
- This event has passed.
Essex 2020: The Big Education Conversation
ESSEX 2020: BIG EDUCATION CONVERSATION – Keeping science + creativity alive whilst we are apart.
The Essex 2020 Big Education Conversation is for teachers, youth workers, tutors and lecturers who want to keep science and creativity practical even though education and learning has been so disrupted.
We mustn’t lose the wow!
Expert speakers; local artists, scientists & engineers; and educators will be sharing practical ideas and resources. There will be discussion, tips and a chance to ask questions.
Everything related to Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics will be covered, as part of Essex 2020 – the biggest celebration of science and creativity, heritage and innovation that Essex has ever seen.
You can also find out how to host your own Big Education Conversation to reach new collaborators and like-minded STEAM champions.
- Richard Freeman – CEO, always possible & Project Director, Essex 2020 (Chair)
- Lefteris Heretakis – Founder of the New Art School; Valencia Design Education Forum & host of the Design Education Talks podcast
- Dr Hephzi Tagoe – Director of Basildon Street Science and ghScientific
- Adam Wood – President Elect, Chelmsford Science & Engineering Society
- Andy Melder – Director, Southend Tech
- Sally Hardcastle – Co-Director, Matipo Arts
- Jamie Weston – Education Co-ordinator, Signals
Livestreamed via Zoom and Facebook. 14th October. 4.30pm – 6.30pm.
Register and book for this free event via eventbrite.