In October we invited a panel of expert speakers from science, the arts, education and engineering to kick-start a Big Education Conversation about STEAM in Essex.
This online roundtable discussion is aimed at teachers, youth workers, tutors and lecturers. It poses the question ‘how can we keep science and creativity practical, even though education and learning has been so disrupted?’.
Each speaker gave a 5 minute lightning talk, outlining their work and offering practical advice for keeping science + creativity alive during these challenging times. Afterwards the floor was opened for questions and debate from attendees before Richard finished the session with information about how to start your own Big Education Conversation. Watch the recording of the whole event below.
- Richard Freeman – CEO, always possible & Project Director, Essex 2020 (Chair)
- Lefteris Heretakis – Founder of the New Art School; Valencia Design Education Forum & host of the Design Education Talks podcast
- Dr Hephzi Tagoe – Director of Basildon Street Science and ghScientific
- Adam Wood – President Elect, Chelmsford Science & Engineering Society
- Andy Melder – Director, Southend Tech
- Sally Hardcastle – Co-Director, Matipo Arts
- Jamie Weston – Education Co-ordinator, Signals