A key element of this year’s festival will be the beautiful site-specific mandalas created from specially collected items. Share your own mandalas in the T100 Walking Arts Facebook Group or by using #T100Calling on social media.
These beautifully constructed resources can also be used at any time as a tool to think about your own values and the action you can take within your local community.
Mandalas in Hinduism and Buddhism are artworks of various designs symbolizing the universe.
T100 Calling aims to use them to bring communities together; to reflect on the issues they face and seek potential solutions whilst collectively making beautiful pieces of art from locally sourced materials.
These activities invite you to reflect on:
- your own reasons for wanting to be involved in T100, or take part in this activity
- your experiences and values
- what are the challenges you see in your community?
- what changes you would like to see happen?
- who inspires you?
- what commitments you can make to create the future you believe in ?
The Mandalas will become a springboard for reflections and promises to act – moving us from individual to community; from personal to environmental.
- Activity Pack 1: An introduction to mandalas and lots of fun activities to explore ‘Inspiration’
- Activity Pack 2: Invites you to use the mandala as a tool for reflection; to think about what inspires you, your own values and the changes you would like to see
- Activity Pack 3: Section 3 of the activity pack invites you to Make!
- Activity Pack 4: Invites you to use the mandala as a tool for reflection; to think about what inspires you, your own values and the changes you would like to see
Follow Thurrock 100.