- Telephone Number:0207 186 8270 or alternatively 0800 970 2070 (Press option 1)
- Email Address:-
- Local Area:Basildon, Braintree, Brentwood, Castlepoint, Chelmsford, Colchester, Epping Forest, Harlow, Maldon, Rochford, Southend, Tendring, Thurrock, Uttlesford
The National Centre for Domestic Violence specialise in providing free, fast and effective legal support to survivors of domestic violence and abuse, usually by helping individuals obtain injunctions from their local county court. This free service is provided to everybody, regardless of their financial circumstances, sexual orientation, race, gender, age, political, religious belief or otherwise.
In brief, support includes:
- Free Legal Injunction service to everybody
- Injunctions often within 24 hours
- A large framework of Legal Aid family solicitors throughout the country
- Emergency Prohibited Steps Orders
- Emergency Non-Molestation and Occupation Orders
- Direct links with Local Authorities, health centres, refuges, Women’s Aid Centres and other service
The free service is available to everybody by calling 0800 970 2070 (24 hour, local call charge rate). You can also text NCDV to 60777 and they’ll call you back. And for the deaf and hard of hearing, they offer a minicom and typetalk service on 18001 08009 702070.